Here are the default vs my 'disabled' TLS server.tab file config :

Default values :

#"SMTP-TLS"     "0"
#"EnableCTRL-TLS"       "1"
#"EnableSMTP-TLS"       "1"
#"EnablePOP3-TLS"       "1"

All are commented out, but AFAIK values shown are the default, so by =
default
1.24 have TLS support enabled !
BUT to correctly run with default settings, xmail NEED the SSL cert/key =
pair
files generated. If no SSL cert/key then you will have the problems you
pointed out.

My 'totaly' disabled TLS on inbound and outbound :

"SMTP-TLS"      "0"
"EnableCTRL-TLS"        "0"
"EnableSMTP-TLS"        "0"
"EnablePOP3-TLS"        "0"