I have something special in mind here: Beside server monitoring, XMail
is a very lean solution for doing mail sync with some custom scripts on
mobile systems. The problem here is that a mobile user sends a mail to
the XMail proxy, having no plan when the mail is really sent out. So he
maybe unplugs his notebook and the transmission is interrupted.

Having life stats will make monitoring widgets on Windows or OSX a snap.

You could also give stats about unsend messages, those which are frozen
by current threads. Then there is no need to scan the whole queue for
older frozen messages.

It should be enough to keep these counters in mem. it is just volatile
runtime informaton, no queue scanning needed. If the user wants to know
further details, he can do an expensive scan on his own.

-- Harald

Davide Libenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Harald Schneider wrote:
>
>> I see ... and the same thing limited to send and rsnd ?
>
> It's something that I'd like to do in general, but I've to be "inspired"
> and find the less intrusive solution.
>

> - Davide

Harald Schneider
Softwareentwicklung + Mediadesign
Kreuzweg 17 - 66663 Merzig - Germany
USt-Ident DE163098498

Tel: 49 6861 792145  Fax: 49 6861 792146
Skype: hschneider66 ( skype:hschneider66?add )