> Or, instead of adding a system dependent feature to XMail, someone can
> write something trivially simple that moves messages from one folder
> the other (XMail's one), with proper conversion.

That's not system dependent, anyone can use it and I think that in most
cases it will be easier to tweak generic software or component to create
RFC822-compatible message format, than Xmail's own.

You're right that it'll be trivial to create some utility to do the
conversion etc. But it's not so simple in real world to install and
manage it. It's another service you need to control, maintain and
monitor.

--
Altair