At 12:10 21.01.2008 +0100, Markus Bergholz wrote:
>yes, i'm new to xmail!
>
>xmail has not creat the domain and username?! but in <mailroot>/server.tab etc
>are the same entrys as in /etc/xmail/*.tab
>
>i've empty the smtpauth.tab and i'm not sure what so enter in the
>smtp.ipmap.tab ?
>my dial in ip adress?

What I have learned when starting to use xmail is that it is easier
(at least in the beginning) to not fiddle with the config files by yourself
(well, the domain and user files) but to let xmail handle it. It has a
nice control channel where you can talk to xmail with commands
like adduser, adddomain or so and xmail will do the needed things
for you. There are also frontends, mostly running on a webserver
with php, that can offer a nice gui for these things.

You can then start tweaking the config files later on, once the basic
setup is in place.

bye  Fabi