OK, I see, even if I don't think that using only one server will 'bow down'
it.
I use only one xmail server for more than 500 users, and never had problems
with xmail and the server usage. The Internet available bandwidth is more
likely the problem :)

But I will give you some possibilities :

first option : For the second 'sending only' server, create only one mailbox
account that will be  used as the login/pass for auth. Eventualy, if you
have multiple different branches/companies/services and want to have some
log for them, create one 'sending only' mailbox per
branche/companie/service.

second option : schedule (or manualy started at each user or domain change
in primary server) an script that will :
- stop the two xmail services on each server
- copy from primary to second 'send only' :
   <mailroot> files : domains.tab, mailusers.tab
   <mailroot> "domains" sub-dir : complete structure and files
    (except mailbox contents not needed on second 'send only' server)
- before restarting the second server, delete its <mailroot>\tabindex
sub-dir content (the indexes will be recreated from new tab files)
- restart the two xmail services
(it could be possible to not stop at all the primary server, but you need to
be sure that non xmail domain/account is changed when this script run, to
avoid bad contents :) )

third option 'the best' :) : create at script that enumerate the domain and
accounts of first server (preferred method is from xmail ctrl interface or
ctrlclnt tool) and create missing domains & accounts/delete no more present
domains & accounts on second server.
You can then schedule it on regular basis on start it manually when
dom/accounts changes on first server.
I remind that a 'sync' script was written for 'mx backups', that could be
adapted to do only this create/delete 'sync' between the two servers (it
does many other thinks) but was written for win platforms in vb.net. If you
want to try 'mono' (Net Framework implementation for linux/bsd) you could
adapt it. Or you could just have a look on its code to seen what it does.

Francis