You are right, and I can add that the 'with' value is not rfc compliant ( it
must content a 'iana' defined protocol, here SMTP, nothing else,  but many
smtp software add here the software name and version)

But consider this rfc 2821 text about 'gateways' :
-----------
3.8.2 Received Lines in Gatewaying

   When forwarding a message into or out of the Internet environment, a
   gateway MUST prepend a Received: line, but it MUST NOT alter in any
   way a Received: line that is already in the header.

   "Received:" fields of messages originating from other environments
   may not conform exactly to this specification.  However, the most
   important use of Received: lines is for debugging mail faults, and
   this debugging can be severely hampered by well-meaning gateways that
   try to "fix" a Received: line.  As another consequence of trace
   fields arising in non-SMTP environments, receiving systems MUST NOT
   reject mail based on the format of a trace field and SHOULD be
   extremely robust in the light of unexpected information or formats in
   those fields.
-----------

Definitly you can have no compliant 'received' headers, and the MSOT
IMPORTANT think is that "receiving systems MUST NOT reject based on the
format of a trace field" (ie in "Received:" header line).
Even if xmail is not a 'gateway' to/from no smtp systems, this paragraph
could allow to change the 'MUST' to 'SHOULD' in rfc 2821 sections 4.1.3 and
4.4.
Many others 'pure smtp' softwares add some specific information in the
'received:' headers as xmail do.

But in 'pure' smtp environment, you are right.

The 'port' value is sometimes helpfull, but could be deleted in the header
and added in the logs ;) (Davide ?)

Francis