As seen in different forums arround the web, seems in TB v3.x AUTH PLAIN and
AUTH LOGIN are now considered NOT SECURE, and TB 3 fails to use them if not
currently using a 'secure' connection (STARTTLS or pure SSMTP connection)
with the smtp server.

I don't understand why in they new 'security vision' they don't force SPOP
or SIMAP or APOP in tb3 for POP and Imap servers, letting pop/imap login
unsecure, but force now smtp to be secured on a encrypted connection when
not using 'secure' smtp auth !?!?!

I didn't search more about this issue, I reverted my customers to TB 2.x
until TB 3 dev guys review they new 'too secure' concepts on smtp
connections :)

Francis