De : xmail-boun...@xmailserver.org [mailto:xmail-boun...@xmailserver.org] De
la part de CLEMENT Francis
Envoyé : lundi 22 février 2010 16:06
À : 'XMail Users Mailing List'
Objet : Re: [xmail] Auto Reply

Hello Emmanel

No 'simple' solution except a autoreply script that use a blacklist

Or an 'intelligent' autoreply script that will do something like this (avoid
any 'loop' in any case, even not in autoreply blacklist) :

- Use a 'autoreply tracking' database that will keep track of
sender/receiver couple this last date of autoreply sent
- Define a 'resend delay' (say max 1 per day or 1 per two days, ....)
- when activating 'autoreply' for a receiver email, delete any old entry in
db for this 'receiver'

- On new mail for this receiver (with autoreply activated)
    if sender/receiver couple no present in db, add entry in db with today
as last autoreply send, and send autoreply
    else (sender/receiver addresses couple present in db) :
      if date of last autoreply send is older than 'resend' delay, update db
entry (last date autoreplay now today) and send autoreply again
      else don't send autoreply, dont change db entry

- when removing 'autoreply' on receiver, delete any old entries in db for
this receiver

So in your ebay case, assuming a "1 per day" resend delay, system will send
an autoreply on 'ebay' only on first mail der day for this 'autoreply
enabled' receiver

Francis