How many connections will xmail make to a particular server at one time
if there are many messages to deliver to the same domain? And is there a
way to limit the number if the answer is more than a few?

Reason I ask is that mail to a particular domain is being delayed by a
temporary error saying there are "too many connections" try later. The
people in charge of said server say that xmail must be making more than
5 connections to one server or 3 to another of their servers to get that
message.

I've looked through the docs and can't find any way to limit the number
of simultaneous connections to a server, is there such a setting? I
thought there was, but can't find it.

Thanks,
 Bill