On 26/09/12 15.10, Edinilson - ATINET wrote:
Francesco, using nslookup or dig, how can I simulate a name resolution using this kind of dns name?
I´ve tried:
nslookup -type=MX university.ac.uk? MY-DNS-SERVER
and
dig university.ac.uk?

without success.

ps: Even nslookup -type=MX university.ac.uk MY-DNS-SERVER can´t find the correct address.
In fact it is not a correct address. IMHO, the bug is in the syntax check, not in name resolution and the suggestion is, XMail should detect this as a syntax error without even trying DNS resolution.

Well, I realize this makes two posts after my supposedly last one :-)

Ciao, Francesco