Hi,
I've been experimenting XMakemol because I'm gonna add some new features to
it.
I've found this bug, when you save a crystal file, i.e.:

2
Na 0.0 0.0 0.0 crystal_origin   0.0 0.0 0.0 crystal_images 5 5 5
Cl 2.5 2.5 2.5 crystal_vector 1 5.0 0.0 0.0 crystal_vector 2 0.0 5.0 0.0
crystal_vector 3 0.0 0.0 5.0

Which is the example given in the XMakemol Documentation.

The creation of the crystal is impeccable, however when you save the crystal
for another file, or overwrite the original one, the result of the new saved
file (no need for it to be changed, may be everything as original file) will
be something like this:

2
Na       0.000000    0.000000   0.000000
Cl        2.500000    2.500000   2.500000

As you can see the saved file loses the crystal periodicity, and from then
on is just 2 atoms... I don't know which would be more useful, keeping the
crystal periodicity (which can be kind of hard to determine after some
translations, rotations, inversions and reflections have been made) or
saving only the positions of the atoms that are being shown (for the example
above the 25 atoms of Cl and the 25 atoms of Na), which can be easily done
(at least more easily than maintaining the crystal structure, in my
opinion).

I don't know if this bug has not been already corrected, I've found it a
couple of months ago.

Regards,
José Lopes
_______________________________________________
XMakemol-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/xmakemol-bugs

Reply via email to