On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Steve Freeland wrote:
>       I was planning on addressing the latency issue myself within
> the next few weeks -- what approach are you planning to take to fix
> this?

It's been rewritten from PTP mode into a client-server mode closer to
what kaillera does. In this way we have been able to keep 100% perfect
sync of most games over medium latency connections (eg DSL wan) albeit
with some latency of joystick response.

> Also, I'm in the middle of a major rewrite of the protocol.
> It's working fine now and has a new feature (NVRAM sync) but I wasn't
> planning on releasing it until I got analog control support and latency
> tolerance.  If you're interested in working with or testing the new
> version let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Maybe we should get a netmame cvs going.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]