Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:29:50 +0100
> Shadow Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm just curious, does anyone knows the difference between:
>> - a commented driver games like
>> /*    DRIVER( kof2001 )    0262 (c) 2001 Eolith / SNK */
>> in mame0.61
>> - and a test driver game like
>> TESTDRIVER( kof2001 )    /* 0262 (c) 2001 Eolith / SNK */
>> in mame0.62
>
> To the best of my knowledge, they are just alternate methods for
> getting to exactly the same place.  Both constructions get the driver
> ignored during a compile.  I note that in the 0.62 tree everything
> seems to be a testdriver rather than commented-out, so perhaps
> someone has decided to use a consistent method.

Previously (From shortly after they were added to 0.62) the distinction was
between games that were disabled because they didn't work (TESTDRIVER()) and
those that were purposely disabled due to copyright date.

In 0.62 TESTDRIVER games are added to a seperate array and verified in the
Windows port when -romident and -isknown are used (Previously the TESTDRIVER
macro simply didn't include said game).

--
Paul Priest