On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:59:17PM -0700, David Mitchell wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 December 2002 10:55 pm, Lawrence Gold wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > I did see your email, but I forgot to respond to it.  After I dig myself
> > out of the rotation/blitting mess (shortly, I hope), I'll take a peek at
> > it.
>
> Cool. No hurry, the blit code which affects everybody is obviously the right
> priority. It's only a 4 line change, so it's trivial for me to go ahead and
> add it manually as each rc comes out.
>
> On a related note, does the fellow who first submitted the XInput code still
> hang out here? At some point I'll probably start doing more hacking on the
> code. Primarily I see wanting to split the X and Y axis from one input to two
> different players. Given that, I'd rather coordinate with the original author
> to make sure the effort isn't being duplicated.

hi there,

yes, i'm still hanging around. :-)

concerning the xinput-patch i submitted earlier this year i saw your first
and your repeated posting, but i so far i didn't get the time only to
verify it. at the then time i hacked the code in (i was really not
familiar with the (x)mame input handling - i found it rather confusing)
and it worked well, all trackball and spinner games worked (including
simultaneous-two- player games [with two serial ports]).
if i remember right, you wanted to split one serial port for two players,
right? well this shouldn't be a problem, just change the input mapping for that
specific games. i will check this back. what is your favorite game, so i can
check it back with that game.

gerd