Problem:
Using gcc 3.2.1

Archiving xmame.obj/neogeo.a ...
Compiling src/vidhrdw/vector.c ...
Linking xmame.x11 ...
xmame.obj/williams.a(williams.o)(.text+0x8e4): In function
`williams_cvsd_init':
: undefined reference to `mame_find_cpu_index'
xmame.obj/williams.a(williams.o)(.text+0xa8f): In function
`williams_adpcm_init'
:
: undefined reference to `mame_find_cpu_index'
xmame.obj/williams.a(williams.o)(.text+0xe07): In function
`williams_narc_init':
: undefined reference to `mame_find_cpu_index'
xmame.obj/williams.a(williams.o)(.text+0xe18): In function
`williams_narc_init':
: undefined reference to `mame_find_cpu_index'
xmame.obj/williams.a(williams.o)(.text+0x1038): In function
`williams_dcs_init':
: undefined reference to `mame_find_cpu_index'
xmame.obj/atari.a(harddriv.o)(.text+0x79f): more undefined references to
`mame_f
ind_cpu_index' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xmame.x11] Error 1