XulChris wrote:
On Sunday 12 January 2003 07:02 pm, Lawrence Gold wrote:

Thanks to a nice link error my extensive testing failed to find, there's a
new 0.62.2 release.  Enjoy:

Lawrence, can we change the makefile optmization options to gcc3.x values

I am currently using

CFLAGS = -O3 -march=i686 -Wall -Wno-unused -funroll-loops \
-fstrength-reduce -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -falign-functions=2 \
-falign-jumps=2 -falign-loops=2

I had to change the align-jumps, align-loops and aligh-functions from -m to -f, and I changed -m486 to -march=i686

I don't know if there are better optimizations, but I think it needs time to get a better default command line now.
I also made the changes in my makefile.unix as indicated above to prevent a bunch of warnings during compile. Is there some way you can make it dependent on the version of gcc being used. I'm guessing these updated options would not work with gcc2.95 and we shouldn't break older versions of gcc...

Scott