Hi,

On Friday 06 June 2003 8:47 am, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> thank's for the tip
> xvtestcard is OK with
> #define IMAGEFORMAT YUY2
> #define IMAGEFORMAT YV12

OK, that's interesting...

> and colors are wrong with
> #define IMAGEFORMAT I420

For XMAME this doesn't matter...

> please find the xvinfo output,  I guess it will speaks to you more than
> to me

What it tells me is that the driver for your card only supports YUV colour
spaces.  I thought in the past people had been able to use RGB modes on
Radeon cards (Lawrence?  You did get it working eventually didn't you?).
I don't suppose you still have the old 4.2.0 installation hanging around for
comparison?

> > OK - I seem to remember reading that the GATOS code found its way into
> > the 4.3.0 release, so maybe that's the source of your problem - sounds
> > like it could be an endian-ness issue.
>
> gasp ;-)
> the problem is that I don't see anything relevant neither in X-devel
> list neither on PPC related lists.  ;-)

OK - I probably mis-understood whatever it was I read - my memory is playing
tricks on me these days.

Here's the snippet that gave me that impression, from the GATOS list, though
it looks like it might only apply to Mach64 cards...

"Also interestingly enough (maybe).. I tried the latest XFree86 from CVS,
(where the mach64 card is supposed to be using gatos code for the xvideo),"

> > Are you sure that recent versions of XMAME were OK before the XFree86
> > upgrade?
>
> with all the time I was playing it: yes
> pssst do'nt tellit to my boss ;-))

<grin>

OK, I'm guessing here, but I reckon that with 4.2.0 you had XMAME running in
RGB mode.  With 4.3.0 XMAME's now using YUY2 by default, because the RGB
modes seem to have vanished, and you're running into an endian-ness bug in my
YUY2 blit-core code...  if you're comfortable with delving into some horrible
macros, you could investigate in x11_window.c and blit.h - I'd do it myself
but I'm currently suffering from a very noisy BT line (engineer supposed to
be calling tomorrow), and there's no way I can download a current source tree
- I'm lucky if I can download three emails at a time!

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.  It's not.
 -- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax