> If by "flat screen monitor" you mean "LCD display" then yes, you want DVI or
> else there's very little point to having one.*

a little harsh - I'vve got a pair of Samsung's here which are being driven
in the normal way and they are beautifuly crisp and clear. Plus taking
uop way less desk space which is why I bought them. SInce theres no
refresh rate to wworrry about you can take the refresh rate down on the
video card without getting flicker. Which should help sharpen the edges
if thats a problem for you (theres a small but noticeable difference for me)

-bat.

> mind their binary drivers. I have a GeForce 256 and have always had good luck
> with it. Others might favor ATI or Matrox.

Do Matrox still exist ? Ussed tto sweear by Milleniu II's - but cant seem
to get them anymore. I switched over to ATI's due to the VESA 2.0
support and am perfectly happy with them. No need for binary drivers either,
and as I do not think they r available for any of the operating systems
I tend to run then this is a good thing ;-)

-bat.