Hello all.

I'm reconfiguring my Gentoo Linux box, and have emerged xmess (x11) version
0.70 from Aug  1, 2003.  I've been trying to use it as an NES emulator, as
the other ones I've tried (fakenes, tuxnes, darcnes, fceu) have all been
less-than-stellar (various issues with each one, mainly speed issues).

The only problem I seem to have now (after reading the archives and
documentation and other FM's), is that I just get a black screen for every
cart I try, and a wierd fart-like noise after I "Press Any key".

The only thing I've read for the cause of this is a CRC problem, which can
be fixed with a CRC file that I have been unable to locate.

If more information is necessary, please ask and I'll happily provide it.
Thanks very much!
Adam