On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:15:34AM -0400, Dennis wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 01:37, Adam Scriven wrote:
> > I've just re-installed my gentoo system, and emerged the new xmame version
> > 0.72.1 (Aug 18 2003).  For some reason, however, my gravis gamepad's not
> > working anymore, and it was working fine before.
> >
> > I didn't do anything special when I emerged the package, so I assume it
> > would compile with the same options as previously.
> >
> > It works for gxmame, for selecting games, but when xmame itself runs, I
> > get this:
> > OSD: Warning: unknown joytype: 1, or joytype not compiled in.
> >    Disabling joystick support.
>
> they added a new USE flag, so when you emerge xmame type
> "USE='joystick` emerge xmame"
> with gentoo to see all the USE flags before you emerge something type
> "emerge -pv somthing"
> that will list all avilable flags.

Ah, thanks very much Dennis!  I'm very new with Gentoo, and don't know all
the little ideosyncrasies yet.  I'll have to file that little flag away.

Where are such USE flag additions documented, BTW?

If this doesn't work, then I'll try from the original sources.  I'm not
adverse to doing such a thing, it just seems to be contrary to the Gentoo
spirit, especially if there IS an ebuild available.

Thanks for all the help!  Hopefully this build won't take too long. :)
Adam