-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>
>> I'm still having trouble loading ROM's and BIOS's.  Under XMESS I can
>> run stuff that dosen't require a BIOS like the Atari 2600 no problem,
>> but anything else it says it can't find the BIOS files or ROMS.
>
>I don't know if this is related to your problem, but I've
>noticed that at some point, MESS started requiring full paths for it's
>ROM names, so typing "xmess coleco -cart zaxxon.bin" does not work,
>while "xmess coleco -cart ./zaxxon.bin" and "xmess coleco -cart /usr/ 
>games/roms/coleco/zaxxon.bin" work fine. I don't know when this change  
>occurred, but I know that at one point in time, I use to be able to do
>just "xmess coleco zaxxon.bin" (even without specifying -cart), and it
>worked fine.
>

Ya, I have to define the carts the same with the OpenVMS port, but still 
haven't had any luck with BIOS or ROM files.

Is there any degug support in XMAME/XMESS for the various paths for the 
various files?  If not, this would be helpful at machine startup in trying 
to sort out directory and file path problems.


 +------------------+--------------------------+---------------+
 | Robert Alan Byer | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | ICQ #65926579 |
 +------------------+--------------------------+---------------+
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain a copy of my PGP key.      |
 +-------------------------------------------------------------+
 | "It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by |
 |  cans of cola the thoughts aquire speed, the hands acquire  |
 |  shakes, the shakes become a warning.  It is by caffeine    |
 |  alone I set my mind in motion."                            |
 +-------------------------------------------------------------+


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia
Charset: noconv

iQEVAwUBP+3pc6VSqzlBVJbBAQEkiggAlFhpV6d2L7CbOYdLymzyELVOmbw0PjMf
cmtzU32PV5QfRJ+bN4K5uf/GKNU2APkJi6ecvMrP0wSEbgY0QWapfYDWNoV/fxTC
imNYc/28M/EcCF7pTaCF9o0KsK/yQYgMTF0B2ywoe/4cD9yaob0V1mHLyrnCmrKh
zP/33jKXy3RaE7Cxwu+Esni4nWjcYPB02BPCJSdB0AO0QxecuuexhekfGpFkaaMm
Mjv+gaTeipKJ/i7Ez/QFrkulbojcyNrr+NpKmDwS6hCmVsKZd6b52u03W/WTvQwc
uV+zv96j5Kw9CV53r4cjhp1bi5pwxaO2MaAoUUAvtE4HnQJLuQrTKw==
=Tuu9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Xmame mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://toybox.twisted.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/xmame

Reply via email to