In data Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:00:19 +0100
Alfonso Muņoz-Pomer Fuentes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scriveva:

> Did you use the Debian package (apt-get install mame) or compiled it
> by yourself? Which version are you using (X, SDL...)?

I installed with apt-get, version is: xmame (x11) version 0.74.1 (Sep 20
2003)

> > I changed the rompath, but as I start any game, it tells me it can't
> > open the files contained in the ZIP.
> Could you attach the exact error message?

Here I try to load "sf5.zip":

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/.xmame$ xmame sf5
info: trying to parse: /etc/xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /home/bonny/.xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /etc/xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /home/bonny/.xmame/xmame-x11rc
fuzzy name compare, running sfz2aj
info: trying to parse: /etc/xmame/rc/sfz2ajrc
info: trying to parse: /home/bonny/.xmame/rc/sfz2ajrc
Mouse/Trakball selected.
done
szaj.03a     NOT FOUND
szaj.04a     NOT FOUND
szaj.05a     NOT FOUND
szaj.06a     NOT FOUND
szaj.07a     NOT FOUND
szaj.08a     NOT FOUND
szajx.03a    NOT FOUND
szajx.04a    NOT FOUND
sz2.13       NOT FOUND
sz2.15       NOT FOUND
sz2.17       NOT FOUND
sz2.19       NOT FOUND
sz2.14       NOT FOUND
sz2.16       NOT FOUND
sz2.18       NOT FOUND
sz2.20       NOT FOUND
sz2.01a      NOT FOUND
sz2.02a      NOT FOUND
sz2.11       NOT FOUND
sz2.12       NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
Bye

> Which files did you change for the rom paths (user or system wide)?

I copied the /etc/xmame/xmamerc to my $HOME/.xmame/xmamerc and change
that rompath. I also renamed the /etc/xmame/xmamerc so the xmame would
skip it.

> Have you done an audit to see if the rom's files are ok?

What do you mean? I was using my ROMs with "zsnes" before...
And I also downloaded ROMs from a friends server, and he was using them
(on Windows).

Thanks in advance for the help!

--
Registered Linux User #251752