Well, I'm running it on a voodoo2 not a voodoo3 :)

Mesa will automaticly load Glide3-v3.so for the dri OpenGL rendering, xmame won't do this, but will instead just use whatever Glide3.so.3 points to, so first of all make sure that Glide3.so.3 points to the v3 version of the Glide libs.

Next I think that in order to use a native glide app on a voodoo3 you might need to build Glide without DRI support.

You want to install that version next to the dri version of course not in place of otherwise your X will stop working. Just install the non DRI version as Glide3.so.3 and the dri version as Glide3-v3.so

I don't know for sure if this is nescsarry though. Also if you're going to try this make very sure that you're not running any 3d stuff when you start xmame, or even better use the svgafx version from the console.

Regards,

Hans

Enik wrote:
Hi,

I always thought running Glide3 apps in Linux was not
possible because Glide3 could be used only as a
Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) in XFree 4/DRI
design. Then I discovered the new changes that Hans de
Goede has done to get Glide3 support working in
XMAME/XMESS. So today I compiled xmame.xfx, but when
run the program, the following error occurs:

$ ./xmame.xfx
info: using FXmame v0.5 driver for xmame, written by
Mike Oliphant
gd error (glide): gd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existent SSTSegmentation Fault

The hardware installed is a Voodoo3 AGP 16MB. I'm
using glide3 provided by Slackware 10 distro, because
compilation with lastest release (3.10.00.30303) from
glide.sf.net fails (it lacks the grBufferSwap
function). I have checked out Device3Dfx from Glide
CVS today (2004-09-05) and installed it. DRI support
is enabled.

I would be glad to known how Hans got xmame.xfx
running. Someone call tell me?

-- EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es