On Tuesday 12 October 2004 01:40, Christopher Stone wrote:
> > However mamed still
> > crashes if I exit a game that has played a sound.
> More specifically, it will crash if music in mamed is turned on, and
> you exit a game in the middle of playing a sound.  If I disable music
> in mamed, it's crash free.

Odd, very odd. I agree that the extern mame_exec could be removed, but I
haven't heard about any problems given by it. Perhaps it's optimized away by
my compiler.

Would you mind running MAMEd in gdb to find out why MAMEd crashes when you run
sound? I've had no reports like yours from any of the other users yet, so I'm
really curious what might be causing this. From your words about aRts I'd
almost suspect a faulty SDL sound library.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff