Pieter Hulshoff wrote :

> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 07:16, Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

> > > Indeed, that worked around the problem. Strange, I don't recall
> > > having any issues with other SDL games like frozen-bubble or
> > > lbreakout2 :-/
> > >
> > > Anyway, now I get : "No games found in the MAME list information."
> > > when mamed exits after displaying the huge window with "GENERATING
> > > MAMED GAMELIST FILE". I see no errors in the output, only the usual
> > > stderr xmame output about display drivers.
> >
> > MAMEd checks in the <dir_mame>(defined in ~/.mamed/mamed.cfg)/roms
> > directory to find your MAME games. If it cannot find your games there,
> > it will quit with this message.
>
> Also: MAMEd expects your games to be zipped.

Well, my problem then is that my roms are in :
/mnt/datkside/xmame/rom

Yes, note the "rom", which isn't plural ;-) And all other files are also
under 3 letter directories (art, fly, sam etc.). I guess my feature request
will be to have the possibility to override those in the configuration.

So I've gotten further, I now see the interface, but my joypad
(/dev/input/js0 which works fine under xmame) doesn't do anything, nor can
I close the window or Ctrl+C mamed from the terminal I ran it from... there
is no special output, the last being "List of games created.". Any ideas?

Matthias

--
Matthias Saou                                World Trade Center
-------------                                Edificio Norte 4 Planta