On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:55:58 -0700
Joe Inkenbrandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  However, I remember that you must have joysticks enabled

Still no joy.  Compiled with JOY_STANDARD=1 or without, with
X_INPUT_DEVICES=1 or without, I get the same thing.

The gun is recognized and shoots and the screen turns momentarily white
as each shot is taken.  But all shots go to the top left corner of the
screen, no matter where the gun is aimed.

I have been comparing experiences with Carl Moore and we both have the
same thing happen when we switch the gun to calibrate mode -- the screen
goes blank.  I checked with a friend of mine who got the same lightgun at
the same time as I did.  He runs Windows XP and the gun works fine for
him (in fact, he says it's super-accurate) but in his case the screen
turns white when he switches to calibrate mode.

I think that's the problem here, somehow.  When the screen goes
blank/black instead of white the gun never gets calibrated properly or at
all, I suppose.

> Let me know if that works for you. If not, I will compile .99 tonight
> and do some debug.

Any insights will be very welcome.

Unless something else comes along, I am thinking that I will take my gun
to my friend and have him hook it up on his computer and see if it's ok
with Windows XP to eliminate hardware problems.  If it was just me with
the problem I would be more concerned about possible hardware failure but
since Carl has an identical experience it suggests a software problem to
me.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net