Julian Sikorski wrote:
Federico napisaƂ(a):

hi all,
I have a question. I have an old laptop with a Pentium I 100Mhz and 32
MB ram. Do you think xmame can run in this pc? I have installed the last
version of xmame and I have 20% cpu usage for X and 80% cps usage for
xmame... naturally it doesn't work well.... Are there some
comfigurations (in Makefile) for to do xmame a light xmame?

bye Federico

I don't think that you'd even be able to run pacman pull-speed. Try some
older xmame versions (0.36) and fidle with frameskip.

I agree,

Older versions (don't know what was the latest unfortunatly) used 8 bits palettes and dirty rectangles, causing only changed parts of the screen to be updated. My first xmame development machine was a cyrix runnign at 150 mhz and that could easily cope with pacman, galaxian etc. So with an older version of xmame you should be off a lot better.

Regards,

Hans