i'm using an xp1800 with 333mhz memory.
On my benchmark test last nite, I bumped up to an xp2500 barton with 400mhz memory at 200 bus. It was clocking at xp3200 speeds (2.2ghz) with no performance increase. Actully, i saw an average of 1% gain on top. :)

After I sent this mail I found a few previous posts about recompiling with different options in my makefile. So that's the only direction I have so far.

I forgot to mention.. along side with the peaked processor, kinst runs at 1fps.

On 10/20/05, Julian Sikorski < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
William Edsall napisaƂ(a):
> Hello!
>
> This is my first post, hopefully I'm doing it right.
>
> Anyways. I've been working with Fedora Core 3 and Xmame for the last few
> weeks. I'm using the mamed front end.
> My problem is, everything runs at high processor utilization. Games like
> x-men run at something like 87%, and Killer Instinct 1/2 are peaked at
> 99%, unplayable.
> I've swapped out my chip and memory for significantly better, and made
> no difference.
>
> I'd like to know if the bottleneck lies with Xmame before I swap my
> video card and such. Even ZSNES runs high, so maybe I just have
> something misconfigured in Fedora, who knows.
> Thanks in advance for the input. I'd like to continue with Xmame and
> avoid windows.
>
> Will

Mame depends almost only on the cpu. Which one do you have?