Brian Langenberger wrote:
I've tried installing xmess 0.101 and it seems like its not taking any input from the keyboard once it gets past the initial MESS info screens. The keyboard worked in xmess 0.100 and standard joystick input continues to work in 0.101. The keyboard also works in xmame 0.101. I've changed nothing in the makefile beyond switching the target to mess, CPU to amd64, disabling the effects and enabling standard joystick input.

Any help getting it working again would be much appreciated.

I see the same thing. I was certain that the change I made to src/usrintrf.c was the culprit, but reverting that doesn't make any difference. The strange thing is that the keyboard works fine in a computer emulation, such as a800, and I can get the user interface in nes to pop up with the tab key and navigate with the arrows.