we had a bit of activity about the network port a few months back, but
it looks like it stagnated while people were arguing about
implementation. if you browse the mailing list archive, you'll see a bit
of discussion.

Kaillera is sort of a problem, as the dll is closed source, and the
header files only provide hooks for the dll. unless you can successfully
pester Christophe Thibault about releasing the source (tons of people
have tried. linux support is much wanted), it's a matter of someone
reverse-engineering the protocol. it'd probably be a PITA, but I dunno.
anyone have an idea on where to start for that?