Julian Sikorski wrote :

> I am using up-to-date fedora core 4 on x86 (P4 3.0E). I think that it is
> a problem with one of fedora updates, but I may be wrong. Do you thnk
> that cpu/memory problem may cause a segfault of xmame every time and no
> other problems?

I've just tested kinst with xmame 0.102 on a fully updated FC4 x86
system, and it works fine for me. FWIW, I don't have selinux enabled.

Maybe you'd like to try the binary package I'm using, to rule out the
possibility of a broken build on your machine?

http://freshrpms.net/rpm/xmame

You can see the spec file used here :
http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/xmame/

It should give you an idea of the options that were set, which the build
log might complete if needed :
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/4/xmame/

Matthias

--
Matthias Saou                                World Trade Center
-------------                                Edificio Norte 4 Planta