Houston, I've a problem.

I can't load any ROM file with XMESS, even the ones confirmed by GoodTools to be good dumps. I don't really know what it is I do wrong, but here's the complete log of what happens after I run XMESS.

"GLINFO: loaded OpenGL library libGL.so.1!
GLINFO: loaded GLU library libGLU.so.1!
info: using FXmame v0.5 driver for xmame, written by Mike Oliphant
Glide error: couldn't open /dev/3dfx and not running as root
Disabling use of Glide mode
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmess/xmessrc
info: trying to parse: /home/YourAverageJoe/.xmess/xmessrc
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmess/xmess-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /home/YourAverageJoe/.xmess/xmess-x11rc
fuzzy name compare, running tmc600a
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmess/rc/tmc600arc
info: trying to parse: /home/YourAverageJoe/.xmess/rc/tmc600arc
xmame: could not connect to socket
xmame: No such file or directory
LIRC disabled
done
1 NOT FOUND
2 NOT FOUND
3 NOT FOUND
4 NOT FOUND
151182 NOT FOUND
sbdos NOT FOUND (NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN)
chargen NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run."

With regards, YourAverageJoe.