On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:45:25 +0200
Laurent Desnogues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Look if there are options in your OpenGL driver not to sync
> to vertical retrace.

Where would I look for that?  This is a Fedora Core 5 system so  I think the
OpenGL stuff would all be in these rpms:

mesa-libGLU-6.4.2-6.FC5.3
mesa-libGL-devel-6.4.2-6.FC5.3
mesa-libGL-6.4.2-6.FC5.3

However, having looked at the contents of each of those rpms I don't see
anything that looks like a config file or anything like that.

> Regarding your 17 FPS in soft, it looks very low.  Was that
> in fullscreen?  Did you pass some options on the command-
> line?

I just ran it directly from the directory where I compiled sdlmame, using this
commandline:

./sdlmame -rompath /home/mame/roms pacman

That gave me a fullscreen display that was exceptionally pretty (much nicer
than straight-up xmame.x11/xv with no effects) but it was almost a slide-show.

> What kind of speed did you get with XMAME?

I never really used OpenGL before, as I said.  Using xmame.x11/xv things pretty
much ran flat-out and full-bore with no problem.

I suspect that I can get a very snazzy and usable display using sdlmame if I
can just find the right options.  Right now it seems like I have a choice
between snazzy and usable, though.