It is really easy to install the latest version of qt4 - just follow the
guide on the site.

Works for me in gentoo and suse factory.

On 06/12/06, R. Reucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 06:13, ron hoffman wrote:
> looks like us kubuntu/ubuntu users are stuck too..
> only qt-4.1 available as of yet
This is true, but building Qt 4.2.2 from source isn't a major task. And it
works great in parallel to the "default" Qt version of your (any) distro.

As mentioned before, see here for instructions how to setup an additional
Qt
installation: http://www.mameworld.net/mamecat/doc/faq.html#A1.1

If you need more help, please mail me directly...

Cheers, René
--
René Reucher
Tel: +49 160 7115802

Nothing in progression can rest on its original plan.  We may as well
think of
rocking a grown man in the cradle of an infant.  -- Edmund Burke