Hello,

I am running Ubuntu Dapper with the latest nvidia-legacy drivers for
my GeForce2 Ti (nvidia 71.74) and latest xmame (x11) version 0.106
(Dec 26 2006)

glxinfo returns, among other things,:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce2 GTS/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.5.3 NVIDIA 71.74
OpenGL extensions:

I compiled xmame with OpenGL support (X11_OPENGL = 1 uncommented in
the Makefile).

libGL.so points to the nvidia provided libGL, and when loading xmame returns:

GLINFO: loaded OpenGL library libGL.so!
GLINFO: loaded GLU    library libGLU.so!
GLINFO: glPolygonOffsetEXT (2): not implemented !

libGLU is from libglu1-mesa (a recent one I guess).

Unlike other mailing list posts I don't see the detailed GLINFO even
though I enabled the debug line in the Makefile as per installation
instructions.

Tekken3 runs very slowly, maxing out CPU (ie. not using the 3d card)?

Is xmame using my 3d card? It doesn't seem like it.

Any pointers would be appreciated,

Amadeus