Dear all

I'm trying to write a script to get screenshots for all my mame games.
I'm using 'xte' from the 'xautomation' package to make the computer do
the 'hard' work for me:
I just need to run xmame, press "ok" to bypass the copyright notice,
wait a few seconds, press any key, and press F12 to create the
screenshot.

the problem is that xmame.x11 doesn't seems to receive my event. I
tried xmame.sdl also with the same (bad) luck.

>From the xautomation package:
"The control interface allows mouse movement,
 clicking, button up/down, key up/down, etc, and uses the XTest extension so
 you don't have the annoying problems that xse has when apps ignore sent
 events."

this is what I'm running:
xmame.x11 -L -nograbkeyboard -video-mode 0  -snapshot_directory /tmp/
-rp ./ 40love.zip

and, in other xterm
sleep 3; xte -x :9 "str ok" "key Return"

I use the 'sleep 3' so I focus the xmame window, before xte is called

I've also tried this but focusing firefox location bar and the thing
works great. any hints?

Does xmame.x11 access the keyboard in any special way? can you give me
some hints on why this is not working?

thanks!