On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 05:49:34AM -0500, Bipin Mistry wrote:
> hello all
> I am using following code to read XML buffer to XML_DOC pointer
>
> xml_doc = xmlReadMemory(xml_memory_reference,
>           strlen(xml_memory_reference),
>           "noname.xml",
>           NULL,
>           XML_PARSE_DTDVALID);
>
> & my XML Buffer Contains DTD definations...
>
> 1. I have my.EXE which has above code.
> 2. DTD files in the same folder.
> 3. When EXE runs it works fine.
>
> Now the queries & ploblem...
> 1.  How Can't I relocate the DTD files and still the process can
>     be workded out without any error or the warning message.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-ExternalID
  [Definition: The SystemLiteral is called the entity's system identifier. It
is meant to be converted to a URI reference (as defined in [IETF RFC 2396],
updated by [IETF RFC 2732]), as part of the process of dereferencing it to
obtain input for the XML processor to construct the entity's replacement text.]

  "relative URIs are relative to the location of the resource within which the
entity declaration occurs"

  that's what drives libxml2 behaviour.

>     As right now when EXE folder do not have DTD files it shows
>     me following at the command prompt.
>

>     ................  "FileName.DTD"
>                       ^
>

> 2. How can I validate the XML buffer with the DTD specified.

 provide the correct URI-Reference pointing to the DTD

>    & if above thing heppands how can i trap it to show warning
>    / error to user.

 like any other error in libxml2, which I think I answer on an average of
2 times a weeks those days,

Daniel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/