On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:33:34PM +0100, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> 2010/1/19 Daniel Veillard <veill...@redhat.com>:
> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 05:12:18PM +0100, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> >> It validates if I remove the entire <optional> from the <list>.
> >>
> >> Any ideas? The code at relaxng.c:8948 indicates that this is a TODO.
> >> Is that true or is this a real bug and the validator has been put into
> >> an inconsistent state?
> >
> >  Hum, yes I guess it's a bug in libvirt as the given define type seems
> > not supported there, that construct seems very unusual, since nobody
> > stepped on it ... until now !
>
> libvirt? I guess you meant libxml2 ;)

  Hum, yes, that other project keeps me really busy and I guess I
  fingers get used to this name now :-)

> Yes, the construct may be unusual. I bumped into it though when trying
> to validate an OpenDocument document in strict mode using the RelaxNG
> schemas from OASIS.
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12569/OpenDocument-schema-v1.0-os.rng
> (On line 13737)
>
> (Note that you have to validate using
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12569/OpenDocument-strict-schema-v1.0-os.rng,
> which includes the aforementioned file and sets it up for strict
> validation, for that line to kick in.)
>
> What do you say, do you think it's a hard thing to fix?

  I don't know, I need to reimmerse myself in the RNG validation code
and running it under gdb. It shouldn't be too hard because it's
attribute value validation though...

> This guy (Jos) in the KOffice project is working on an automated test
> harness for our conversion of other office formats to OpenDocument
> where he first converts to OpenDocument and then run a validation on
> the resulting document. This is how the problem was found.
>
> It would be nice if the OpenDocument schemas were supported by libxml2
> since libxml2 is so much more widely available (and leaner!) than
> Jing.

  Yeah, but I don't think I will have time for a new release very soon,
even if I fix the problem, so don't hold your breath but I will keep
your mail as unread to not loose track of the problem,

Daniel

dan...@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/