Respected Sir,

    While working in a project I have faced huge problems with malformed XML
files. Most of the times few opening or closing tags are missing in those files
and some times though XML is not malformed but it is not matching with the DTD.
It is very very hard to fix this by hand because XMLs are very big more than 30
MB to 2 GB.

    So I am looking for a open source tool which can detect and fix the
malformed xml with the help of a DTD or XSD automatically(at least where there
is no ambiguity). But till now I am unable to find such a tool. But after
googling it seems to me that we can write such tool using GNU libxml open
source library.

    But I am not sure how to implement this and which API functions I should
use. Please help me to write such an application. I am proficient in c and c++.
It would be very much helpful if you provide me some information on this.

    If there is any already available free tool or open source for this purpose
then also please let me know.

Thanks
Subrata Dasgupta