Hi,

I'm currently looking at the DFDL (http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/). DFDL is for "Data
Format Description Language" and aims to provide a standardized way of
describing data formats relying on XML schemas formalism. I was wondering if
libxml2 would be able to parse DFDL schemas as it uses a subset of XML schemas.
I know that the support of XML schemas in libxml2 is partial so below is the
list of features used by DFDL mentioned in the specification
(http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.174.pdf, chapter 5.1). I'm not sure if that
list is meaningful for you, however, I would like to know if there could be any
issue regarding the support of those features in libxml2?

DFDL Schemas consist of:
*  Standard XSDL namespace management
*  Standard XSDL import and management for multiple file schemas
*  Local element declarations with dimensionality via xs:maxOccurs and
xs:minOccurs.
*  Global element declarations
*  ComplexType definitions with empty or element-only content
*  DFDL appinfo annotations describing the data format
*  These simple types: string, float, double, decimal, integer, long, int,
short, byte,
nonNegativeInteger, unsignedLong, unsignedInt, unsignedShort, unsignedByte,
boolean,
date, time, dateTime, hexBinary
*  These facets: minLength, maxLength, minInclusive, maxInclusive, minExclusive,
maxExclusive, totalDigits, fractionDigits, enumeration, pattern (for xs:string
type only)
*  Fixed values
*  Default values
*  'sequence' model groups (without xs:minOccurs and xs:maxOccurs)
*  'choice' model groups (without xs:minOccurs and xs:maxOccurs)
*  Simple type derivations derived by restriction from the allowed built-in
types
*  Reusable Groups: named model group definitions can only contain one model
group
*  Element references with dimensionality via xs:maxOccurs and xs:minOccurs.
*  Group references without dimensionality
*  xs:nillable="true" only on elements of simple type.
*  Appinfo annotations for sources other than DFDL are permitted and ignored
*  Unions; the memberTypes must be derived from the same simple type. DFDL
annotations are not permitted on union members. 3
*  XML Entities

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Matthieu Hazon