On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:48:37AM +0100, Nikolai Weibull via xml wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Stefan Behnel, 2018-11-25 15:37:
>
> > Nikolai Weibull schrieb am 24.11.18 um 00:12:
>
> > > Yes, it seems that my patch for data in interleaves was added and
> > > this may be the cause of these issues. The regression tests didn’t
> > > display them, so this is something different. Could we perhaps get a
> > > minimal test that breaks?
>
> > Here is what I could come up with so far. Since it's heavily stripped
> > down,
> > it probably isn't very reasonable anymore. The original schema is here:
>
> Thank you!  As far as my tests go, with the patches that I’ve provided, this
> validates without any issues.  I really hope we can get my patches from the
> merge request into master so that this issue can be fixed.

  TBH it's weird it fails to validate for me with 2.9.8, with 2.9.9-rc1 and
with 2.9.9-rc1 with the data interleave patch reverted ...
I'm getting quite confused and starting to wonder if the schema I got
from github is correct (github interface serves me first ahn html page,
then I have to guess to use raw, to dwoload that and pray that it is actually
the data one is supposed to use.

thinkpad2:~/XML -> ./xmllint --relaxng iso-schematron.rng fail_to_validate.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";>
    <title>Open Model</title>
    <rule context="AAA">
        <assert test="BBB"> BBB element is not present</assert>
        <assert test="CCC"> CCC element is not present</assert>
    </rule>
</schema>
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting
element ns, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:1: element schema: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting an
element ns, got nothing
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting
element p, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:1: element schema: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting an
element p, got nothing
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting
element let, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:3: element rule: Relax-NG validity error : Invalid
sequence in interleave
fail_to_validate.xml:3: element rule: Relax-NG validity error : Element schema
failed to validate content
fail_to_validate.xml fails to validate
thinkpad2:~/XML ->

  the "email patch" from gitlab seems to get me back to some sanity there,
it still makes it a mess to review and apply cleanly.

  The 4 patches looks sensible, seems to not introduce regression in existing
tests, the behaviour seems to be exactly the same with Stefan's tests so
I will assume that's unrelated or I didn't get the tests correctly.
I will push them to RC2 and if Stephan still has troubles with it can you please
send mail to the error case as attachments.

  thanks !

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/