On 11/07/19 20:00 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> I've run into a source of frustration based on an unset advice
> in the documentation that I hope to remove with this change.
> Or did I overlook something?  Thanks for pulling otherwise!
>
> (Indeed, there could be substantially bigger cut, like possibly
> retargeting xmlBufCreate as public, etc. but no wonders if there's
> not much will for that once the status quo lasted so long...)

Also submitted as a merge request for more persistent tracking
and possible discussion:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/merge_requests/30

(As an aside, RelaxNG seems not to be in shape when any advanced
grammar constructs are present, i.e., not just a matter of performance
but rather the correctness of validation:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/merge_requests/31)

--
Jan (Poki)