From: François Bonzon
<francois.bon...@gmail.com<mailto:francois.bon...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:35 AM
To:
"xmldatadumps-l@lists.wikimedia.org<mailto:xmldatadumps-l@lists.wikimedia.org>"
<xmldatadumps-l@lists.wikimedia.org<mailto:xmldatadumps-l@lists.wikimedia.org>>
Subject: [Xmldatadumps-l] Wikidata project and interwiki links removed in wiki
text

Hi,

I understand from http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:News that
- enwiki since February 13, 2013
- hewiki and itwiki since January 30, 2013
- huwiki January 14, 2013
have migrated to the Wikidata project. And more wikis will follow shortly.

One consequence is that wiki markup for interwiki links (cross-language links)
are being gradually removed from articles, because the MediaWiki software can
now read them from the centralized Wikidata repository.

I verified in the latest huwiki dump that some articles indeed no more have
interwiki links. Do you confirm my above statements?

How can I now extract interwiki links from dumps? Is there a separate Wikidata
dump I should download? What attributes for look for to join Wikidata and
separate language wiki dumps? Thanks for your help.

-François