Hi,

about three months ago, I posted a proposal for the next version of Apache
XML-RPC, the so-called streaming branch. About one month ago, I have
posted a formal RfC to adopt this branch as version 3:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=113668809908356&w=2

So far I received few responses from XML-RPC users, all of which have
been positive and encouraging. Unfortunately, response by XML-RPC
developers is still missing.

I do not know the reasons for the lack of interest. Despite the missing
vote on my proposal:

- Replace the current TRUNK with the streaming branch.
- Leave the 2.0 branch untouched and use it for further development
  of Apache XML-RPC 2. Currently, this should be used for
  Apache XML-RPC 2.0.2, 2.0.3, ... (in other words, minor changes).
  A new branch would be required for larger changes (aka
  2.1)
- Publish the current streaming branch version as 3.0 alpha 1.

Jochen

[]    Evers, Andrew
[]    Goeschl, Siegfried
[]    Gomez, Henri
[]    Hoegg, Ryan
[]    Rall, Daniel
[]    Richardson, Leonard
[]    Stevens, Jon Scott
[]    Wallnoefer, Hannes
[+1]  Wiedmann, Jochen
[]    Wilson, John
[]    Zyl, Jason van

--
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. (Katharine Hepburn)