On 2/17/06, Paul Bramscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In my environment, I've become dependent on JDK 1.5, since I'm unaware
> of an easy methodology of fetching the PID of the java process (for use
> in my apache-style logs) with earlier JDK's.

Your environment gives you *one* voice to call for a different JDK
base. However, there are voices calling for something different,
including mine. A logging framework should never be a decision for
choosing a JDK version.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.