Hi
I am using XML-RPC for a control interface for my application. My application starts a web server which loads the class that provides the XML-RPC methods. I believe that the web server creates a new object of the class that implements the XML-RPC methods each time a XML-RPC method is invoked. This is not a problem as long as the methods do simple things like the calculator example, but if the method should manipulate data that is not passed in by the method it becomes a bit more complicated.

When my application starts up I create and initialize some objects, the XML-RPC based interface is used to manipulate the objects in my application, but since the interface class gets initialized for every method invocation I need to make my methods to manipulate the objects static and invoke them from the XML-RPC interface. Having to have all methods that should be invoked by the XML-RPC interface static is become more and more a problem. I was therefore wondering if it is possible to create and initialize the XML-RPC interface once and have the web server use this object again and again?
Thanks in advance!

Lars