Are you signing before or after encryption? Are you verifying
before or after encryption? Have you tried to use "--store-references"
option to dump the content before doing digest?

Aleksey

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, it can't be the http headers. I now think the problem might be with canonicalization.

I can verify when I sign with the transform:
<dsig:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"/>
I can verify when I sign with the transform:
<dsig:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/>

but when I sign with the transform:
<dsig:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
it fails to verify.

And none of it verifies when I send to my server (which is some black box Microsoft implementation).

It looks like the server is expecting Exclusive Canonicalization, but I can't even get that to work in my test environment.

Attached is my xml document after signing (shortened the digest values, but otherwise unchanged).
Please take a look at it and see if I am doing something stupid.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

*Aleksey Sanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/29/2008 08:19 PM

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
        xmlsec@aleksey.com
Subject
        Re: [xmlsec] Signing a document that will be altered

I highly doubt that http headers are involved in the signatures...
At least, not with xmlsec.

Aleksey