First of all, congratulations on the project, which I am starting to use
and seems to be very interesting.

I have a doubt though: I'm trying to compare 2 XML files for their
content. This means that:

                <primarysource>
                        <reportertitle>Dr</reportertitle>
                        <reportergivename>Antonio</reportergivename>
                        <reportermiddlename></reportermiddlename>
                        <reporterfamilyname>Perez</reporterfamilyname>
                  <primarysource>

and
                <primarysource>
                        <reportertitle>Dr</reportertitle>
                        <reportergivename>Antonio</reportergivename>
                        <reporterfamilyname>Perez</reporterfamilyname>
                  <primarysource>

Are similar, because the non-null/empty content is essentially the same.

Is there an option on xmlunit to make the Diff engine ignore empty tags
so that these XML are calculated to be similar?

Thank you for your answer,

Miguel Almeida