On 2013-04-12, David Rees wrote:

> Is there a good hook for that in XMLUnit?

The 2.0 code base uses XSLT transformations and other document changing
operation for things like removing comments or whitespace.  Adding
transformations into the builder chain for its input is pretty easy.

When I saw your question I also thought about adding some explicit API
for modifications of the input.  I'm not totally sure whether it would
be better to have an API that works on the whole tree or rather one that
provides callbacks for the child node lists of elements and maps of
element attributes.

Such an API would simplify comparing subtrees or -forrests of documents
only when you are not interested in differences in othe parts of the
document.

Stefan