> > 3) How can I take the current song queue and save it as a playlist?

The "currrent song queue" is in fact already a playlist.  By default,
there is a single playlist called (tadam) "Default".  So maybe what
you want is a way to copy playlists, as nesciens/Erik said.  It's
possible in the in-development successor to the cli, nycli.  It could
probably also be added as an extension to playlist create in the cli,
e.g.

  xmms2 playlist create NEW [TO-COPY]

with the second argument being optional.  File a bug if it keeps you
awake at night ;-)

--
Sébastien Cevey